As support staff for both Fargo and Moorhead public schools, I will bring a unique perspective to the Moorhead Board of Education. I understand the teachers and students and I have personally witnessed the struggles they encounter day to day. I understand our parents, as I have raised three children myself.
I have and will continue to listen to our students, staff, parents, and our community’s concerns, and work with them to find solutions. I will also work with other board members to reduce unnecessary spending, so that our students can receive the maximum educational benefit.
- School safety. We need to address bullying, mental health issues, and special needs.
- Training and tools on school policies needed to deal with violent behaviors, mental health, and guns.
- Alternative methods of dealing with behavioral issues.
- Bridging gaps. Our schools should work harder on family engagement, effective communication, and diversity.
- Listening, supporting, and communication of staff needs.
- Wise spending of our budget for the benefit of all.
I will bring a wide range of professional and person experience to the Moorhead School Board, including:
- Community leadership
- CEO of non-profit for girls and boys
- National spokesperson for SENDCAA Head Start program
- Tri-College NEW Leadership Development Institute graduate
- CHARISM Faces program supervisor
- Worked in Fargo-Moorhead schools as a paraprofessional, cultural liaison, and student support services supervisor
- 35 Under 35 leadership program graduate
- 2007 Mrs. North Dakota International
- Married for 21 years, mother of three